Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Staines / Tilson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dennis

Dennis Report 17 May 2010 17:54

Elaine Staines lived in Essex and I believe married an Alan Tilson in 1965. Our grandmothers were sisters, hers lived in Essex and mine in Lancashire. Their other sister Annie lived in Kent.
Elaine was born in the 1940's and we lost touch many years ago.
Any help to contact again appreciated. My maiden name was Jackson [Elaine]

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 17 May 2010 19:28

Have you tried a search on this site - a member called Jean on Records office on this site offers to do electoral roll look ups.
Liz

Dennis

Dennis Report 17 May 2010 22:10

Thanks for the pointer Liz. Am new to this. I have sent request to Record Office. Hope I have done this correctly.
Thanks

Elaine

Catherine

Catherine Report 17 May 2010 22:31

I can confirm that there is a marriage for an Elaine Staines to an Allan H W Tilson in Brentwood, Kent in 1965.

Have you tried the telephone directory or the electoral role?

Catherine

Catherine Report 17 May 2010 22:35

There are also two possible children both Reg.Dist. Rochford Cambridgeshire/Bedfordshire, Essex

Will pm details.

Catherine

Catherine Report 17 May 2010 22:43

On 192.com there is an A.H. Tilson noted on the Electoral Roll 2002-08.
Other occupants: Elaine M Tilson , Christine R Martin , David G Minshall , Ian Jobs
Living Essex.

They are also on the Electoral Roll 2009-10
Electoral Roll 2009-10
Alan H Tilson 65+ , , , Essex, View Address
Other occupants: Elaine M Tilson

but it's pay to view and I don't have credits so can't see address.

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 17 May 2010 23:02

If you go to Records Office, you should find Jean's thread near the top of the board, it is headed "Who are you looking for", click on her name and send her a message with all the details you have.
Any problems, just add to the thread and someone will be there to help,
Liz

Dennis

Dennis Report 18 May 2010 11:50

Hi! Catherine

Thanks very much for your offerings. Another 'Threads' responder has pointed me to the 'Records' site and I have posted an enquiry there... just hope that I have done it correctly. Being fairly new to this I stumble about quite a bit and don't always get it right... hey ho.. practice should make perfect but one has to hope that other people's patience doesn't run out before you get there.
Best of Wishes

Dennis

Dennis

Dennis Report 18 May 2010 11:52

Thanks Liz Have left a message for Jean and now await a response. Best Wishes

Dennis

Flick

Flick Report 18 May 2010 11:59

Duplicate posting!!!!

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1221993

I sent you info by PM, Dennis - perhaps you would be good enough to let me know that you have looked at it

Dennis

Dennis Report 18 May 2010 13:12

Thanks Flick
Have now replied to your message sent earlier. Sorry for delay

Regards Denis