Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bamfroth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 8 Sep 2010 18:17

I am looking for the brother of Hilda Eunice Bamforth (my grandmother) - Hubert Gladstone A (possibly Arthur) Bamforth who was born in 1899. He is on the 1911 census living in Golcar. Huddersfield, Yotkshire, England. All my relatives who would have known him have all died so I have no-one to ask.
His name was never mentioned by the family and I didn't know he existed until I began building my family tree recently but it seemed so strange when I found him on the 1901 census and even stranger when I was told many years ago that I was nearly christened Hubert Arthur (presumably after him).
I should be grateful if anyone could give me any information which may lead to me finding out about him.
Thank you, Edward Bamforth

Astra

Astra Report 8 Sep 2010 18:22

Possible marriage in 1928 to Annie P Goodall

Hubert Bamforth
Spouse Surname: Goodall
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1928
Registration district: Huddersfield
Registration county (inferred): Yorkshire - West Riding
Volume Number: 9a
Page Number: 445

I possible birth which I will PM.

Having second thoughts about this one. I don't think it is him.

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 8 Sep 2010 18:24

I suppose it's not impossible he could have married at 16:

Surname First name(s) Spouse District Vol Page
Marriages Dec 1915 (>99%)
Bamforth Hubert Shaw Huddersfield 9a 767

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Sep 2010 18:39

maybe he emigrated . there were lots of migrations to Australia /USA/ Canada around that time

Anne

Anne Report 12 Sep 2010 15:05

It is possible that he did marry Kate E. Shaw in December 1915 as he would be 17 at that time and may possibly be on leave from World War Two. Lots of lads got married and then went back to fight in the war, so it is a possibilty.
Thanks for giving me another possible lead.