Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Maxine Schofield's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maxine

Maxine Report 9 Nov 2004 20:27

Hi, I started doing my Family Tree about 18mths ago on my mothers side, i got to my Gt-Grandad and Gt-Grandma but couldnt find no more info, i had hit a brickwall or so i thought??? I heard about Genesreunited and decided to give it a go( i thought i got nothing to loose) so i signed up paid the £7.50 for the year and waited, and waited, nothing , but i didnt give up kept on hoping , by this time 6mths had passed and i was scrolling through the names and there was a name that matched 1 i had in my tree so i decided to drop this person an e-mail and hoped for the best. Well this person got back to me and it turned out these people in our trees where the same (finally i could fill in the gaps ) so now i have extended my tree and found my 3rd cousins i never knew about, plus i have also found another couple of rellys with the same link in the tree and we are now all in touch with each other and passing on all different bits of info and photographs. So thanx Genesreunited gr8 site keep it up. Also thanx to Pauline,Sandra and Malcolm my long lost rellys on filling in some of the gaps. Maxine Schofield