Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861 Gloucestershire census please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 28 Apr 2005 16:57

I would be grateful for the details of George Gullick age 47 (or 44) coal miner living at East Dean, Cinderford with wife Harriet and family. He was there in 51 and 71. I am hoping he has a daughter Harriet with him Thank you Linda

J

J Report 28 Apr 2005 17:27

Having a look for you now but alot of East Dean is unreadable have you got the addresses they were at in 51/71? Julie

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 28 Apr 2005 17:41

Thank you very much. East Dean is such a small place, that there are no street names given in either of the censuses. Every one is just listed as being in the village Linda

J

J Report 28 Apr 2005 17:53

In 1861 East dean is on 1744 Folio's 67-136 and 1755 folio's 1- 142 so quit alot to go through Julie

J

J Report 28 Apr 2005 17:59

Do they have a son George and Daughter Sarah?

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 28 Apr 2005 18:01

Sorry Julie, I did not realise that it had grown so much by then. If it is too big a task, please just leave it. Linda

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 28 Apr 2005 18:05

Sorry I did not see your question In 51 they had children Ann, Elizabeth, William, James Harriet??? and a baby boy with no name. In 71 They had Oliver, Mary, Martha and two grandchildren It is the Harriet from 51 I am trying to pin down Linda

J

J Report 28 Apr 2005 18:09

I have found a George 46 and wife ann 45 with daughter sarah 14 and son George 15 with Father William 83. George is a coalminer but cant quite make out last name though looks like it could be the right one. Folio 105 Page 11 Hope this helps. sorry if I sounded off before I didnt mean to. Julie Sorry George is head of family and William is Father of George.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 28 Apr 2005 18:13

Thank you for loking for me. It doesn't seem to be the right family as he had Harriet as his wife in both 51 and 71. William is a name that runs down the generations, so may be this is his brother and father. I do appreciate your time, Linda

J

J Report 29 Apr 2005 00:12

Hi Just noticed they have now got the 1861 on ancestry. These are all the results for Gullick in Gloucestershire on there. No Harriett I'm afraid. Julie Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relationship Civil Parish County/Island View Image Ann Gullick 1859 Bristol St Philips Daughter Bristol St Philip and St Jacob Gloucestershire Ann Gullick 1842 Stoke St Michael, Somerset, England Son Clifton Gloucestershire Edward Gullick 1843 Bristol St Philips Son Bristol St Philip and St Jacob Gloucestershire Edward Gullick 1821 Shepton Mallet, Somerset, England Head Clifton Gloucestershire Edward C Gullick 1854 Bristol; Clifton Son Clifton Gloucestershire Eliz Gullick 1801 Bristol Wife Clifton Gloucestershire Elizabeth Gullick 1855 Bristol Granddaughter Bristol St Thomas Gloucestershire Fanny Gullick 1851 Bristol St Philips Daughter Bristol St Philip and St Jacob Gloucestershire Fanny Gullick 1844 Clifton, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Clifton Gloucestershire George Gullick 1814 Oakhill, Somerset, England Lodger Bristol St James Gloucestershire George Gullick 1853 Bristol St Philips Son Bristol St Philip and St Jacob Gloucestershire Henry Gullick 1846 Bristol St Philips Son Bristol St Philip and St Jacob Gloucestershire John Gullick 1838 Wells, Somerset, England Head Bristol St James Gloucestershire John Gullick 1855 Bristol St Philips Son Bristol St Philip and St Jacob Gloucestershire Maria Gullick 1821 Alresford, Hampshire, England Wife Clifton Gloucestershire Mark Gullick 1832 Stoke Lane, Somerset, England Servant Bristol St Mary Redcliffe Gloucestershire Mark Gullick 1819 Road, Somerset, England Head Bristol St Philip and St Jacob Gloucestershire Mary Gullick 1844 Bristol St Philips Daughter Bristol St Philip and St Jacob Gloucestershire Mary A Gullick 1840 Taunton, Somerset, England Wife Bristol St James Gloucestershire Sarah A Gullick 1860 Bedminster; Bristol Daughter Bristol St James Gloucestershire Susan Gullick 1819 Bristol St Philips Wife Bristol St Philip and St Jacob Gloucestershire Susan Gullick 1848 Bristol St Philips Daughter Bristol St Philip and St Jacob Gloucestershire Thomas Gullick 1855 Bristol; Temple Visitor Bristol St George Gloucestershire Wm Gullick 1806 Somerset, England Head Clifton Gloucestershire