Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871C Lookup Please!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

poppycat

poppycat Report 15 Oct 2010 08:19

I have to decide on which of the 2 Birth Transcriptions to send off for.............for what is still a mystery to me.

On 1891C 1901C 1911C Grt/G/F was known as William Turner B abt. 1863 Lyme Regis.

Other Certs BC's, MC's [children] say William or Walter William.
Death of his wife says wife of 'Richard William' Turner . The informant was their Dau. in 1951.

Its this Death Cert I beleive to be the correct name of dau's Father.
Do not think its a mistake would have to know own father's name.

I would like to have to the.... 1871C showing a Walter William or William 1863 Lyme Regis Dorset, showing Father's name as John who was a Gardener or similar.

I have the 1871C showing a Richard Turner 1863 Lyme Regis.
Father named 'John'

In Free BMD there is 2 Ref's.... 'Richard William' Turner. Mar. 1863 Axminster Dorset.

The other is a 'Walter William' Turner. Dec. 1864 Axminster. Dorset.

The strangest thing is he is Buried under the name of 'Walter William Turner'!

Can someone help me decide Grt/G/F's correct
name, Please!

poppycat

poppycat Report 15 Oct 2010 09:04

Hello Jonesey !

Grt/G Father had married Grt/G/M in 1890 under the name William Walter to Marion Ellen Docking [ Bow Nth.Devon]

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 15 Oct 2010 11:04

What is the occupation of William Walter Turner on his wedding cert?

Is this him?
1901 census
William Turner 1863 Lyme Regis occ master seaman merchant service

poppycat

poppycat Report 15 Oct 2010 12:03

Quinsgran!

Thanks for your interest & yes 1901C shows William Oc master seaman merchant service.

I haven't copy of the MC only what i've been told that Father's name was John & Occ: Gardener & what i can say was that the Father was alive at time of Marriage in 1890.

No Idea how far or how close Lyme Regis & Poole are to each other.
1881C shows a William B 1863 Poole. Seaman.